- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Microbiology
Dr. Lakshmi Tewari
|SPECIALISATION:||Bio-inoculants (Plant-microbe-interaction), Biofuel (cellulosic ethanol)|
Selected Research Publications
- Disha Sharma, B.K.Kumbher, A.K. Verma and Lakshmi Tewari. (2014). Optimization of critical growth parameters for enhancing extracellular lipase production by alkalophilic Bacillus sp. Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology. 3:205-211.
- Jitendra Kumar Saini, Reetu Saini, and Lakshmi Tewari.2014. Lignocellulosic agriculture waste as biomass feedstocks for second generation bioethanol production: concepts and recent developments. 3Biotech. DOI 10.1007/s13205-014-0246-5.
- Jitendra K. Saini, Rahul K. Anurag, Arti Arya, B.K. Kumbhar and Lakshmi Tewari. (2013) Optimization of saccharification of sweet sorghum bagasse using response surface methodology. Industrial Crops and Products 44: 211– 219.
- Rekha Rawat, B.K. Kumbhar and Lakshmi Tewari. (2013) Optimization of alkali pretreatment for bioconversion of poplar (Populus deltoides) biomass into fermentable sugars using response surface methodology. Industrial Crops and Products. 44 220– 226.
- Rekha Rawat and Lakshmi Tewari. (2012). Purification and characterization of an acidothermophilic cellulase enzyme produced by Bacillus subtilis strain LFS3. Extremophiles 16 (4):637–644. `
- First Prize was awarded for the research work entitled “Optimization of Laccase Production for Biological Delignification of Bamboo Biomass for Sustainable Bioethanol Production” during the Symposium on Topical developments in Biochemistry and Allied Sciences, held during 7th May, 2016, at GBPUAT Pantnagar.
- Ph. D. student Mr. Raj Kumar Pandey received the award “Environmental Microbiologist of the year- 2017” for the Ph. D. thesis research work in World Clean Environment Congress Organized by Scientific and Environment Research Institute Kolkata at India International Centre, New Delhi on June 05, 2017