- ABOUT US
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
Dr. Prakash Chandra Srivastava Head, Department of Soil Science, College of Agriculture Contacts Phone: 05944-233071 (O), 9411159640 (M) Fax: 05944-233473 E-mail: pcsriv[at]yahoo[dot]com
Department of Soil Science was established as part of the College of Agriculture in the university in 1960. The post-graduate programme at Master’s level started in 1963 and Ph.D. programme in 1967. Since then a significant increase in the size of faculty and the areas of specialization, remarkable improvement in the laboratory facilities and appreciable growth in the number of courses have been registered. For outstanding research contribution one scientist has received the coveted Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Award and another scientist received national level ISAC-PPCl Award. Two Ph.D scholars have won the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Award for their outstanding doctoral dissertation.
The department of Soil Science will be a centre of excellence in creating, acquiring and disseminating knowledge in Soil Science for sustainable and productive use of natural resources for the welfare of humankind.
|Award Name||Awardee Name|
|Agri Innovation Award||Dr. S.P. Pachauri|
|S.N. Ranadey Award||Dr. S.P. Pachauri|
|Fellow of Indian Society of Agricultural Chemists||Dr. Ramesh Chandra|
- Bioresources for Sustainable Plant Nutrient Management (2014) Eds by Ramesh Chandra and K.P. Raverkar. Satish Serial Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Bioresources for Sustainable Plant Nutrient Management (2014) Eds. by Ramesh Chandra & K P Raverkar. Published by Satish Serial Publishing House, Delhi.
- जैविक फसलोत्पादन तकनीकी(2010). Eds by D K Singh, K P Raverkar. Directorate of Experiment Station, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technolgoy, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar. Pp. 214
- Fundamentals and Management of Soil Quality (2009) by R Chandra and S K Singh, Westville Publishing House, New Delhi
- Fundamentals and Management of Soil Quality (2009) Eds. By Ramesh Chandra and S.K. Singh. Westville Publishing House, New Delhi
Ongoing Extension Activities: