- ABOUT US
Dr. Pramod Mall Head, Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture Contacts Phone: 9456345516 E-mail: drmall722000[at]yahoo
Initially the department was a component of division of Plant Science In 1964, it become a separate department within the college of Agriculture with an objective of achieving excellence in teaching Entomology to under-graduate students, conducting problem oriented research of farmers. The department started M.Sc.(Ag.) Entomology and Ph. D. programme in 1970 and 1979, respectively. This department has produced 330 M. Sc. (Ag.) and 102 Ph.D. students.Vision:
The Department of Entomology strives to be a network of faculty, staff and students that creates a culture of excellence resulting in the Department being one of the pr-eminent entomological teachings, research and extension organizations in the country.Mandate:
We embrace discovery, transitional, and applied entomological research from levels of ecological landscapes to biological molecules. The department provides exciting experience yet scientifically, agriculturally and environmentally relevant research and training as part of undergraduate and graduate instruction from a Faculty of nationally and internationally recognized scholars who contemplate our science from a global perspective.
Facilities and InfrastructureThe department has well developed facilities with well equipped modern equipment for effective teaching, training and research.
Post Harvest laboratory (Stored grain entomology lab)
Model smart class room and Committee (Seminar) room
UG and PG laboratories
Faculty awards/ honours:
- Dr. M. S. Khan has been awarded for trends in Horticultural Crops held on Hisar, Best oral presentation during the National Seminar on Recent 22-24, March,2010.at CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Dr. S.N. Tiwari awarded of Faculty Excellence Award at Agriculture College, G.B.P.U.A&T. Pantnagar on 01.01.2013
- Dr. A.K. Karnatak nominated Member of Board of Studies of Entomology and Agricultural Zoology of Banarus Hindu University for a period of 2 Years from 2012 to 2014.
- Dr. A. K. Karnatak nominated in Board of Governors of Himalayan University Dehradun by His Excellency Governor of Uttarakhand.
- Dr. A.K. Karnatak recipient of Dr. R.S. Paroda Award for outstanding contribution in the field of ‘Crop Production and Protection Technology” presented in 15th Indian Agricultural Scientists and Farmers Congress held at Allahabad from February 22-24, 2013
- Dr. Ruchira Tiwari recipient of Best Paper Award presented on topic “Organic beekeeping” in National Seminar on Innovations in Traditional Agriculture organized by Uttarakhand Asian Agri-history Foundation, Pantnagar on 15 and 16 November 2013.
- Dr. Ruchira Tiwari recipient of Innovator of The Year Award -2013 for working on Organic Bee Management Using Animal And Plant Origin Products. The award has been received at state level from Sri, Surendra Singh Negi, Minister of Science in 8th USSTC, Dehradun.
- Dr. Ruchira Tiwari recipient of Best Teaching Practices Award -2013
- The Department of Entomology was bestowed with Best Organizing Competency Award 2013 by DDG and ADG, ICAR during the Biennial workshop of Honeybee and Pollinators at G.B.P.U.A. & T. Pantnagar from 17-20 June, 2013.
- ICAR awarded Dr. Poonam Srivastava as Ist Best Lead Presenter Award during the 2nd Group Discussion of AICRP on Fruits held on 26 Feb. – 1March, 2015 at Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology, Udaipur.
- Dr. M. S. Khan has been awarded for Best Oral Presentation during the National Entomologist Meet held on 5-7 February, 2015 at IINRG, Ranchi.
- Ms. Geetanjly has been awarded Young Scientist Award 2015 in UCOST, Dehradun.
- Ms. Pooja Singh, Deepika Chauhan and Kiran Negi have been awarded for Best Poster Presentation during the National Entomologist’s Meet held on 5-7 February, 2015 at IINRG, Ranchi.
Technical bulletin in hindi : (Dr. A.K. Karnatak)
Ongoing Extension Activities: