Home/ Colleges/ College of Agriculture/ Department of Horticulture/ Profile
Projects under operation “Promotion of Mushroom Cultivation as an Economically Viable Income Generation Activity for the People of Tribal Villages Bankatia and Debari of Khatima (USNagar), Uttarakhand” as Co-PI at Mushroom Research Centre, Pantnagar. Funding agency: DBT, New Delhi
Post-harvest management and value addition of fruit crops
- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Horticulture
Dr. Omveer Singh
|SPECIALISATION:||Fruit Science & Post harvest Technology|
Research areas/ areas of interest
Selected Research Publications
- Ankit Kumar, Omveer Singh, Karishma Kohli and M.C. Dubey. 2017. Effect of edible surface coatings on postharvest quality and shelf life of guava (Psidium guajava L. cv. Pant Prabhat) fruits. The Bioscan. 12(2): 829-836.
- Ankit Kumar, Omveer Singh and Karishma Kohli. 2017. Post-harvest changes in functional and sensoryproperties of guava (Psidium guajava L. cv. PantPrabhat) fruitsas influenced by different edible coatingtreatments. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 6(6): 1109-1116.
- Singh, O.; Kumar, Ankit; Rai, Ratna and Kohli, K. 2016. Qulality evaluation of low chill peach cultivars for preparation of ready-to-serve “Nectar’ drink. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research, 35(4):327-330.
- Gupta, N.K., Misra, S.K., Singh, O. and Rai, Ratna. 2016. Correlation studies in bael (Aegle marmelos Correa). Progressive Horticulture, 48(1): 116-118.
- Singh, O and Misra, K. K. 2015. Correlation studies in Ber (Zizyphus mauritiana Lamk.). Progressive Horticulture, 47(2): 253-255.
- Production technologies developed:
- Standardization of methodology of Rhododendron flower squash.
- Standardization and value addition of Pleurotus mushroom into Pleurotus preserve and Pleurotus pickle.
- Standardization of Surface Edible Coatings on Guava Cultivar Pant Prabhat