Home/ Colleges/ College of Agriculture/ Department of Horticulture/ Profile
Fruit science/ package and practices of guava
- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Horticulture
Dr. Shant Lal
Research areas/ Areas of interest
Selected Research Publications
- Negi, S.S.; Lal,S. and Sah, H. 2017. Influence of growth retardant on vegetative growth and leaf chlorophyll content of Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus). International J. Pure App. Biosci. 5(1):142-146.
- Sah, H.; Lal, S and Negi, S.S. 2017. Effect of pruning on growth, flowering and yield in high density planting of Guava. International J. Pure App. Biosci. 5(1): 285-292.
- Nautiyal, P.; Lal, S. and Singh, C.P. 2016. Effect of shoot pruning severity and plant spacing on leaf nutrient status and yield of guava cv. Pant Prabhat. International Journal of Basic and applied Agriculture Research. 14(3): 288-294.
- Thakre, M., Lal S., Goswami A.K. and Pratibha. 2013. Effect of various methods of crop regulation in guava under double-hedge row system of planting. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 70(2):211-216.
- Lal, S.; J.P. Tiwari.; P. Awasthi and G. Singh (2007). Effect of IBA and NAA on rooting potential of stooled shoots of guava (Psidium guajava L) cv. Sardar. Acta Horticulturae, 735: 193-198.
- Develop three varieties:
- Pant Prabhat (In Guava)
- Pant Garima
- Pant Mahima
- Technology developed:
- Crop regulation in guava through shoot pruning.
- High density in Guava.