- ABOUT US
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
Dr. Pratibha Singh Head, Department of Home Science Extension, College of Home Science Contacts Phone: +91-5944-233510(O), 233736(R), 09410118154(M) 7500241447(M) Email: pratibhasingh_84[at]rediffmail
The academic programme of the department of Home Science Extension is intended to acquaint students with extension education, programme planning, instructional technology, diffusion and adoption of homestead technologies, training management, educational videography, RAWE and Programme development for rural families.
Professor & Head
05944-233510 (O), 7500241447
Thrust of Research in the department:
- Data base on rural women
- Functioning of development programmes in the villages
- Indigenous knowledge on medicinal use of plants
- Gender Specific Data Base on farm women.
- Status of Self Help Group and women empowerment through self help groups.
- Techno-socio economic dimensions of women empowerment in rice farming.
- Action projects on training of rural women
- ICT and rural women
- Climate resilient technologies for farmwomen
Research Projects Undertaken
- All India Coordinated Research Project on “Data base on rural women”
- All India Coordinated Research Project on “Dynamics and performance of women self help groups”
- Development of sustainable rice-wheat system
- Lab to land programme
- An action project on training of rural women and adolescent girls on improved home practices
- Gender specifics role, responsibilities, access and control of rural women in agriculture and allied activities
- Functioning of DWCRA programme in Gadarpur block, Udham Singh Nagar
- Swayamsiddha- Uttarakhand Mahila Sasaktikaran and Bal Vikas Vibhag.
- Promotion of integrated weed management in the Gangetic plains of India
- Biogas development and training centre
- Creating Nutrition awareness among the adolescent girls.
- Assessment of acceptability of alternative supplementary fortified food using finger millets.
- All India Coordinated Research Project
- Healthy kids programme in schools
- Anupama Pandey awarded IIIrd prize for the research paper entitled “Fingermillet Based Nutritious mix as a sustainable Food Based Approach for Management of Malnutrition”, at the National Seminar on “Technological Innovations for Enhancing Profitability of Small and Marginal Farms”, February 27-28, 2017, G.B.P.U.A & T, Pantnagar.
- Pratibha Singh and Poonam Tewari. Best poster award for “Health Hazards Associated with Pesticide Application”. International symposium on Agricultural Communication and Sustainable Rural Development: From Information to Knowledge to Wisdom – Envisioning a Food Sovereign World in the Third Millennium organized by Directorate of Agricultural Communication, G.B.P.U.A.&T., Pantnagar from 23-25 November, 2012.
- Pratibha Singh, Poonam Tewari and Sunita Rani. 2016. Socio economic impact of Industrial Development in the life of Rural Families. International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research, Vol. 14(1), pp 120-126.
- Pratibha Singh, Poonam Tewari and Sunita Rani. 2015. Dynamics and performance of Women Self Help Groups. International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research, Vl. 13(3), pp 486-491.
- Mushtari Begum J., Shamshad Begum S. and Anupama Pandey. 2016. “Nutritional Evaluation of Fingermillet Malt”. International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology. 5(6).pp. 4086-4096.
- Pratibha Singh, Anupama Pandey, Chandeshwar Tiwari and Dhansara Sharma. 2016. “Motivation of Farm Women towards Nutritional Kitchen Gardern and Post Harvest Management of Their Surplus Produce”. Journal of Rural Development. 35(4).pp. 677-688.
- Pratibha Singh and Poonam Tewari. 2014. Livestock management activities in hill region of Uttarakhand. International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research V-12(2) pp: 198-302.