Home/ Colleges/ College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences/ Department of Veterinary Medicine/ Profile
- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Veterinary Medicine
Dr. Mahesh Kumar
|DESIGNATION:||Professor & Head|
Area of Interest:
- In Operation
- Outreach programme on Ethno-Veterinary Medicine. ICAR funded
- Scouting, documentation of innovations/Traditional Knoledge practices in Kumaon regions, Uttrakhand. National Innovation Foundation India
- Impact of gastro-intestinal nematodes on animal production in tarai area. (1983-85) Financed by Directorate of Experiment Station of University.
- Clinical, therapeutic, immunodiagnostic & chemoprophylactic studies on microfilari- asis in buffaloes and horses. (1984-86). Financed by Directorate of Experiment Station of University.
- Studies on clinico-therapeutic and immunological studies on microfilariasis in buffaloes. (1988-1991). Financed by ICAR, New Delhi. (worked as Co-leader)
- Studies on experimental nephritis in kids and buffalo/cow calves. (1992-1995). Financed by Directorate of Experiment Station of University.
- Studies on macro and micronutrients in relation to deficiencies disease and production in animals. (1.9.1999 to 31.8.2002). Financed by Government of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
- Studies on integrated management of helminthosis in cattle and buffaloes in hills and western plains of UP. (1.9.1999 to 31.8.2002). Financed by Government of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
- Identification and evaluation of medicinal plants for control of parasitic diseases in livestock. (1.2.2000 to 31.12.2003) Financed by NATP, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Animal health information system through disease monitoring and surveillance. (1.10.2001 to 31.12.2003). Financed by NATP, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Collection, documentation and validation of Indigenous technical knowledge (Janu. 2004-Decem. 2004). Financed by NATP, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Network project on Ethno-veterinary Medicine (August 2005 to June 2009). Financed by ICAR, New Delhi.
Selected Research Publications
- Kumar, Mahesh, Pathak, K.M.L. and Pachauri, S.P. 1982. Clinico-pathological studies on naturally occurring bovine fascioliasis in India. British Veterinary Journal. 138: 241-246.
- Kumar, Mahesh, Maru, A. and Pachauri, S.P. 1982. Changes in blood cellular components, serum protein concentrations and serum enzyme activities in buffaloes infested with Fasciola gigantica. Research in Veterinary Science. 33: 260-261.
- Kumar, Mahesh, Maru, A. and Pachauri, S.P. 1983. Role of serum enzymes in evaluating flukicidal action of disophenol in Fasciola affected buffaloes. British Veterinary Journal. 139: 262-265.
- Kumar, Mahesh, Joshi, H.C. and Varshney, K.C. 1991. Pathological changes in experimental Setaria cervi infection in rabbits. Indian Journal of Animal Science. 61: 924-932.
- Kumar, Mahesh and Joshi, H.C. 1993. Blood chemical alterations in experimental Setaria cervi infection in rabbits. Asian Australasian Journal of Animal Science. 6: 491-495.