THE INFORMATION INDICATED HEREIN ONLY FOR GENERAL GUIDANCE AND COULD BE MODIFIED/CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL/ BOARD OF MANAGEMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY.
IF ANY DOCUMENT SUBMITTED BY THE CANDIDATE IS FOUND TO BE FALSE AT ANY STAGE DURING HIS STAY IN THE UNIVERSITY, HIS ADMISSION WILL BE CANCELLED.
All admissions shall be made strictly on merit as determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by University, except the following:
- Admissions to B.Tech. Programmes (except B.Tech. Food Tech.) shall be made by the University on the basis of merit of Joint Entrance Examination through the counseling carried out by Uttarakhand Technical University.
- Admissions to DBT supported Master’s programme (M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology) shall be made through online counseling from the list of qualified candidates received from DBT Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, which is responsible for conducting Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) for admission to the above said programmes throughout the country.
- Admission to Ph.D. programmes in Agronomy and Plant Pathology for Other State candidates shall be made through ICAR entrance examination only. Candidates belonging to other states need not apply for Pantnagar entrance examination in the mentioned disciplines of Agronomy and Plant Pathology. Whereas, admissions to other Ph.D. programmes for Other State candidates are made through the university entrance examination as well as entrance examination conducted by ICAR for this purpose. In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of Other States and Vice-Versa.
- Admission to Masters’ programmes in MBA/MBA (Agribusiness) shall be made through CAT and CMAT score and Group Discussion and an Interview conducted by the University. The entire admission process for MBA/MBA (Agribusiness) will be conducted by College of Agribusiness Management (CABM) of the university.
- In M.Tech. programmes, admission shall be made first based on the GATE qualifying marks in the subject (Major) in which admission is sought. Vacant seats shall be filled based on OGPA/percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least an OGPA of not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the Institutions/ Universities where these scales are not applicable in the Bachelor’s degree. However, admission towards seats for Other State candidates in M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering majors shall be made through Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR. In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of Other States.
- Admissions to MCA programme shall be made on the basis of separate Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University. In case, a candidate wants to appear for other Masters’ programmes in addition to MCA, he/she has to fill separate application form.
- Candidates other than Bonafide residents of Uttarakhand are not eligible to fill up application form for admission to the Undergraduate and Masters’ Degree programmes in the University. However, the wards of J& K Residents and wards of Kashmiri Migrants as well as Kashmiri Pandits residing in Kashmir valley may apply for admission to UG programmes only. Other State seats of UG (except B.V.Sc. & A.H.) and Masters’ programmes are filled up through the examination conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The list of candidates for filling up other state seats of B.V.Sc. & A.H. is provided by Veterinary Council of India (VCI). Other State candidates’ interested seeking admission for the said programmes may contact the concerned authorities through the websites of ICAR or VCI, as the case may be.
For admission related queries (Except B.Tech. Programme) call (+91-5944-233407, +91-5944-351211) during office hours from 10am - 5pm only on working days
Schedule of Entrance Examination 2021 for admissions to various UG, Master's, MCA & Ph.D. programmes and last date of UG applications
Admission in College of Technology, G.B. Pant University of Ag. and Technology, Pantnagar will be held by online counseling conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun.
Still no dates are decided that from which date the online counseling will start. Visit their website https://uktech.ac.in/ regularly the update.
You have to register at that time when online counseling starts. At present no registration etc is required everything will be done after the notification appears on Uttarakhand Technical University web site for online counseling.
Seat allotment will be based on JEE Mains rank or 10+2 marks. Preference will be given to JEE Mains rank holders.
No prediction could be done from your JEE mains cutoffs because seats will be allotted when All India rank will be declared for JEE Mains exam.
Following seats of B Tech will be filled through this online counseling, Agricultural Engineering (only for Uttarakhand Candidates, for All India candidates it will be through ICAR exam), Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Industrial and Production Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Biotechnology.
For the admission in above branches you must have PCM in 10+2 level.
85% seats are reserved for Uttarakhand candidates and 15% seats are for All India Candidates.
For any reserved seat in Uttarakhand quota Domicile certificate is required, you must prepare that if you are not having. For general Uttarakhand seat this certificate is not required.
Admission in lateral entry will be through the on-line counseling conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun based upon Diploma merit. Preference will be given to the completed diploma candidates.
Lateral seats are only for Uttarakhand candidates.
This all information is provided you as per the practices adopted in previous years. This year if some changes are there you can get that information when the online counseling notice appears on Uttarakhand Technical University website.
Online counseling dates has not been decided yet. It will be decided by Uttarakhand Technical University Dehradun, so you have to visit that site regularly for this information. No information regarding date I am having at present.
If any other specific information required which is not covered above you can whatsapp on 9045633821.
Notice regarding exam Re-schedule (Postponement) and Re-opening of online Application Form for GBPUA&T Entrance Examination 2021 for UG/PG/PhD/Sponsored candidates
Prospectus(2021-2022) for admission to Undergraduate, Masters, MCA (except M.Tech.) and Ph.D. programmes
Old Notices of GBPUA&T Entrance Examination 2020