THE INFORMATION INDICATED HEREIN ONLY FOR GENERAL GUIDANCE AND COULD BE MODIFIED/CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL/ BOARD OF MANAGEMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY.
IF ANY DOCUMENT SUBMITTED BY THE CANDIDATE IS FOUND TO BE FALSE AT ANY STAGE DURING HIS STAY IN THE UNIVERSITY, HIS ADMISSION WILL BE CANCELLED.
All admissions shall be made strictly on merit as determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by University, except the following:
- Admissions to B.Tech. Programmes (except B.Tech. Food Tech.) shall be made by the University on the basis of merit of Joint Entrance Examination through the counseling carried out by Uttarakhand Technical University.
- Admissions to DBT supported Master’s programme (M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology) shall be made through online counseling from the list of qualified candidates received from DBT Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, which is responsible for conducting Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B) for admission to the above said programmes throughout the country.
- Admission to Ph.D. programmes in Agronomy and Plant Pathology for Other State candidates shall be made through ICAR entrance examination only. Candidates belonging to other states need not apply for Pantnagar entrance examination in the mentioned disciplines of Agronomy and Plant Pathology. Whereas, admissions to other Ph.D. programmes for Other State candidates are made through the university entrance examination as well as entrance examination conducted by ICAR for this purpose. In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of Other States and Vice-Versa.
- Admission to Masters’ programmes in MBA/MBA (Agribusiness) shall be made through CAT and CMAT score and Group Discussion and an Interview conducted by the University. The entire admission process for MBA/MBA (Agribusiness) will be conducted by College of Agribusiness Management (CABM) of the university.
- In M.Tech. programmes, admission shall be made first based on the GATE qualifying marks in the subject (Major) in which admission is sought. Vacant seats shall be filled based on OGPA/percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least an OGPA of not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the Institutions/ Universities where these scales are not applicable in the Bachelor’s degree. However, admission towards seats for Other State candidates in M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering majors shall be made through Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR. In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of Other States.
- Admissions to MCA programme shall be made on the basis of separate Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University. In case, a candidate wants to appear for other Masters’ programmes in addition to MCA, he/she has to fill separate application form.
- Candidates other than Bonafide residents of Uttarakhand are not eligible to fill up application form for admission to the Undergraduate and Masters’ Degree programmes in the University. However, the wards of J& K Residents and wards of Kashmiri Migrants as well as Kashmiri Pandits residing in Kashmir valley may apply for admission to UG programmes only. Other State seats of UG (except B.V.Sc. & A.H.) and Masters’ programmes are filled up through the examination conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The list of candidates for filling up other state seats of B.V.Sc. & A.H. is provided by Veterinary Council of India (VCI). Other State candidates’ interested seeking admission for the said programmes may contact the concerned authorities through the websites of ICAR or VCI, as the case may be.
For Admission related Technical Queries (Except B.Tech. Programme): 8881860219(M) (Only Working Days) 10 AM to 6 PM and Email: email@example.com
For admission related queries call (+91-5944-233407, +91-5944-351211) during office hours from 10am - 5pm only on Working Days
Prospectus(2021-2022) for admission to Undergraduate, Masters, MCA (except M.Tech.) and Ph.D. programmes
Old Notices of GBPUA&T Entrance Examination 2020