- FACULTY PROFILE
Department of Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology
Dr. Deepak Kumar
|SPECIALISATION:||Antimicrobial resistance in foodborne pathogens, Meat Speciation|
Research areas/Areas of Interest
Selected Research Publications
- KE Kniel, Deepak Kumar, S Thakur. 2018. Understanding the Complexities of Food Safety Using a" One Health" Approach. Microbiology spectrum 6 (1)
- Deepak Kumar, S Thakur. 2018. Molecular Tools To Study Preharvest Food Safety Challenges. Microbiology spectrum 6 (1)
- Deepak Kumar, Suchawan Pornsukarom, G.K.Sivaraman, Siddhartha Thakur. 2017. Environmental dissemination of Multidrug Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus sciuri (MDR-MRSS) after application of manure from commercial swine production systems. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease(In print).
- Nagappa Karabasanavar, Girish, P. S., Deepak Kumar, S. P. Singh. 2017. Detection of beef adulteration by mitochondrial D-loop based species-specific polymerase chain reaction. International Journal of Food Properties(In print).
- Nagappa S. Karabasanavar, S. P. Singh, Deepak Kumar, Sunil N. Shebannavar. 2014. Detection of pork adulteration by highly-specific PCR assay of mitochondrial D-loop. FoodChemistry. 145 (15): 530–534.
- Deepak Kumar, S.P.Singh, Nagappa S. Karabasanavar, Rashmi Singh, Umapathi V., 2014. A novel PCR-RFLP assay for identification of meats of different food animals. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 51(11):3458–3463.
- Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) to pursue PhD at College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota.
- Received Indo-US Public Health Research Fellowship-2013 from Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) to work as a “Visiting Scientist” at College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University (NCSU), USA during October 2013-April 2014.
- Participated in International Agriculture and Rural Development Program (IARD) at Cornell University, USA during August 2008 - March 2009.
- Received “Young scientist Award” in 4th Uttarakhand State Science & technology Congress (USSTC) at G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, India during 10-12 November, 2009.
- Reviewer responsibilities
- • International Journal of Food Science and Technology
- • International Journal of Food Properties
- • Tropical Animal Health and Production
- • Food Analytical Methods
- • Journal of Food Science and Technology
- • Mitochondrial DNA Part B: Resources