Dr. H.N. Singh Head, Department of Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture Contacts +91-5944-233072 (O), +91-9411160013 (M) hns_eco[at]rediffmail[dot]com
Department of Agricultural Economics
The Department of Agricultural Economics started functioning in 1960 as an integral part of the College of Agriculture. In the beginning it used to offer only undergraduate courses. The Master’s degree programme was started in 1963 and the Ph.D. degree programme in 1970. A new M.Sc. (Ag.) programme was started in Rural Banking in the year 1976 which successfully continued till 1992.The Department engages itself in all the three core activities of teaching, research and extension which constitute the integrated system of education in the university. In the last 57 years of its existence, the department has built up expertise in almost all the major fields of agricultural economics.
Vision:Agricultural and Rural Development with equity and sustainability through excellence in teaching, research, extension and training.
Dr. H.N. Singh
Professor & Head
Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. S.K. Srivastava
Dr. Virendra Singh
Dr. Chandra Dev
Dr. Shweta Chaudhary
Dr. Ruchi Rani Gangwar
Dr. Ajay Kumar Tripathi
PG Students Details
|Student Name||Id. No.||Advisor||Topic|
|Ashish Prakash||33013||Dr. H.N. Singh||----|
|Soumitra Chowdhury||49651||Dr. M.L. Sharma||A Study on Access and Utilization Pattern of Agricultural Credit in Midnapore and Burdwan Division of West Bengal|
|Asha Bisht||34338||Dr. Anil Kumar||---|
|Ms. Anjali Jakhar||36861||Dr. S.K. Srivastava||Total Factor Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Major Crops in Western Region of Uttar Pradesh|
|Haripriya Bagh||48078||Dr. H.N. Singh||An economic analysis of rice crop establishment method ‘beushening’ in Balangir district of Odisha.|
|Praveen Ganur||49545||Dr. H.N. Singh||Comparative economics of organic and inorganic sugarcane cultivation in Belagavi district of Karnataka.|
|Somya Misra||43636||Dr. H.N. Singh||---|
|Girdhar B.J.||51180||Dr. H.N. Singh||---|
|Sweta Naula||41792||Dr. M.L. Sharma||Economic Analysis of production and marketing of deferent varieties of tomato in Nainital District of Uttarakhand|
|Ankita Deo||43680||Dr. M.L. Sharma||---|
|Madhu Rawat||43664||Dr. Anil Kumar||---|
|Shubham Arya||43755||Dr. Anil Kumar||---|
|Devesh Kumar Pant||43677||Dr. Virendra Singh||---|
|Yogesh Pandey||51010||Dr. Virendra Singh||---|
|Sangita||43785||Dr. Chandra Dev||---|
Student Achievements in Academic Session 2021-22
- Mr. Devesh Kumar Pant, Id. No. 43677 joined as Senior Research Fellow at Indian Agriculture Statistical Research Institute New Delhi w.e.f. 12 September, 2022.
- Ms. Bhumika Giri Goswami, Id. No. 44385 joined as Assistant Agricultural Officer (AAO), Jageshwar Range, Almora w.e.f. 01 January, 2022.
- Ms. Shefali Srivastava, Id. No. 43701 did 3 month’s internship with International Food Policy Research Institute, New Delhi (IFPRI), worked on the project, ‘Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA)’ (01 July, 2022 to 30 September, 2022)
- Guest Lecture was delivered by Ms. Shefali Srivastava, Id. No. 43701 on “Adoption of Crop Insurance: Behavioral Biases and Possible nudges’ on 8th October, 2022 organized by Jindal School of Environment and Sustainability, O.P. Jindal Global University, Delhi NCR.
Student’s activities in academic session 2021-22
- International Online Guest Lecture on “Recent Advances in Econometric and Statistical Tools in Agricultural Economics” By Dr. Aakansha Melkhani, Held on 12/02/2022 at 9:30-10:30 AM
- International Online Guest Lecture on “Impact Assessment Techniques” By Mr. Subhash Surendran Padmaja, Held on 26/02/2022 at 2:30-3:30 PM
- Quiz Competition on Agricultural Economics held on 28/04/2022 at 3:00-3:30 PM
- Freshers of batch 2021-2022 was held on 29/04/2022 and certification distribution for the quiz competition held on 28.04.2022.
- Online Guest Lecture on “Panel Data Regression Modelling” by Dr. Raviraj Shekhawat was held on 09/06/2022 at 3:30-4:30 PM
- Online Guest Lecture on “Latest RBI Guidelines for Banks and Economics Centred Competitive Exams by Mr. H.C Yogesh was held on 10/09/2022 at 3:00-4:00 PM